“After spending $7,000 with various board and train programs, we were frustrated with our dog’s the lack of progress. Now that Hank is home, he is finally the polite dog we knew he could be!” – Matthew Love
Are you headed out of town and want your dog to upgrade his manners while you’re away? Or perhaps you have limited free time, and you’d like to contract the job out to an expert? Or maybe your dog just needs a training refresher. Pavlov can help with Board and Train Camp!
Why Pavlov? There are a number of special aspects to Pavlov’s Board and Train Camp. First, your dog will be trained in your dog trainer’s home. He’ll receive training walks in a residential neighborhood similar to yours – think pedestrians and neighbors walking their dogs. Many training facilities are located in areas zoned for industry or agriculture…not residential. Consequently, they do not offer the same opportunities for training in an environment with dog walkers, joggers, cars, squirrels. Your dog will train in an environment that is similar your neighborhood.
Second, your dog’s day will be filled with structured walks, training sessions, and free time to be a dog. Your dog will benefit from social time with other dogs as well as individual attention. Finally, Pavlov’s training approach is a healthy hybrid of traditional training and positive reinforcement. Consequently, your dog will excel quickly in learning new skills and stopping unwanted behaviors.
Board and Train Camp Agenda
- Obedience Lessons – walk politely on a leash, heel (walk to the left of your hip, stop when you stop, start with you stop), whoa (slowdown), parallel sit, sit/stay, come, no (stop doing that).
- Self-Control Lessons. Food bowl stay, front door stay, crate manners.
- Inhibition Training. Correct incessant barking, jumping on people, jumping on counter tops. Respect personal space.
- Field trips to hiking trails and public parks.
- Video updates twice a week, so you may admire your dog’s progress, and begin learning how to maintain the good stuff.
- Two to three private lessons are required to help you maintain your dog’s polite behavior, and one year of trainer support.
Available Program Camps
I. On leash Obedience (Obedience Level 1)
See agenda items above. Solid training for all lessons inside, and on a leash outside.
II. Off leash Obedience (Obedience Level 2)
Take your dog’s training off leash, outside, and around real world distractions. You and your dog will learn the skill of humane electronic collar training – the responsible and SAFE way to have your dog off leash. Excellent program if you’d like to bless your dog with off leash freedom on the hiking trail!
All Pavlov Board and Train Camps are $1200 per week and $1400 per week around holidays. Programs are generally two – three weeks. A $400 nonrefundable deposit is due at the time of booking. The remainder of the first half is due at drop-off, and the second half is due at pick up.