Dog Training Internship + Careers
Perhaps you seek a paid dog training internship. Or perhaps you’re an experienced trainer looking to join a high performing team. Either way, you have options!
- Dog Trainer Helper. Training internship + animal care + dog training
- Primary Dog Trainer. Animal care + dog training + client coaching
Do you have exceptional people skills? Do you have at least one year of publicly verifiable experience working with dogs, or graduation from a dog training school?
Continue if you answered ‘yes’ to both.
Pavlov seeks a dog trainer helper to train dogs in South West Denver. As a dog trainer helper you’ll assist primary dog trainers with all tasks associated with running a board and train facility. This position includes: feeding, cleaning, tending to the facility, transporting dogs to the vet, tending to social media, managing play groups, dog training, communicating with boarding clients, as well as any and all duties associated with a board-and-train facility. Trainers email updates twice-weekly to family members, so they may get a sense for their pup’s progress. This position reports to the Dog Training Manager.
Join a bright and fun team of high performing dog trainers! Pavlov is the most Google reviewed dog training company in Colorado, as well as the most reviewed on Yelp. We also maintain a 4.9-5.0 star status on both platforms. Pavlov dog trainers appreciate continuing education in the form of regular team meetups and ongoing support and coaching. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, and paid time off.
* 1 Year of verifiable employment working with dogs or certificate of graduation from an in-person dog training school.
* Able to email videos of dogs you’ve trained.
* Available for one weekend day.
* Reliable transportation.
* Professional presentation. (This refers to written, verbal, and physical presentation.)
* Ability to work independently. Self-driven.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds.
* Bonus: Familiar with concepts of traditional and contemporary training. Ideally a strong skillset with a prong collar, and remote electronic collar. (Candidates must be genuinely curious and open to learning all skills, tools, and approaches.)
This is a fulltime position which includes five eight-hour shifts. Trainers may have one weekend day and one week day off.
COMPATIBLE CANDIDATES will enjoy teaching and coaching. We thrive working with both people and dogs. People might describe us as chronically curious. Compatible trainers will think analytically and enjoy troubleshooting. If a dog is struggling with one approach, we will seamlessly pivot to plan b…or c, or d. Creativity runs in our blood, as does the ability to intuitively read people and dogs.
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
FULL Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, holiday pay, paid time off.
HOW DOES THE HIRING PROCESS WORK?
Email Tanya your resume along with a cover letter explaining what you bring to the table: firstname.lastname@example.org. Promising applicants will be invited to interview by phone. Information provided will be verified prior to a job offer. *Details are your friend. Give us reason to contact you.