Private Obedience + Group Classes
Obedience 1, on-leash
Enrollment: $750 Private training is specifically for preschool graduates and former clients. If you are new to Pavlov and you have a dog six months or older, please consider board-and-train.
Dogs 6 months & older
- 4 private lessons, 55-60 minute sessions. This includes 3 lessons at our facility and 1 lesson is at a public park, or your home (assuming you live within a 30-minute drive)
- Group Classes + Pack walks: This is included after private training. Class runs on Saturdays, and the time differs throughout the year.
- One week of homework between lessons
- Scheduling. Private lessons generally meet once weekly between 12pm – 6:30pm (If you have a vacation planned, we will navigate around your schedule.)
Obedience 2, off-leash
Obedience Level 2 upgrades to off-leash with the humane use of the remote electronic collar. Training begins in safely enclosed outside spaces and progresses to off-leash areas. (3 lessons, for dogs who have completed Pavlov’s level 1)
- Pavlov’s obedience 1, on-leash.
- Owners who are willing to tell their dog “No” and enforce it.
- The EZ Educator. Quality electronic collars generally cost between $220-$280, and may be purchased with the program.
Pavlov uses low-level stimulation electronic collar training to teach your dog how to respond to subtle physical prompts. This will allow you to communicate with your dog remotely, even if he’s chasing a squirrel towards a busy street. This is not shock training of yesteryear, which used e-collars solely to give high-level corrections. If you have yet to learn this modern, humane way of using an e-collar, we look forward to showing you how it can be done while leaving your dog joyful and SAFE off-leash.
(Aggression, reactivity, and emotional issues are addressed in board-and-train programs.) Private training is a benefit to puppy preschool graduates, specifically. We simply lack the staffing and bandwidth to offer this program to the general public. Email email@example.com to enroll.